Monday, March 26, 2012

Versatile Blogger Award & Resolution

First, my new resolution:
I set myself the goal to blog at least once a week here ... about writing, my writing-progress or something else writing-related. Starting today.
Why? Because I need to "force" myself to keep going and thus improving. If I don't do that, I'll never finish a good, well-written story.


Second, it's about time I say thank you to Elise for giving me the "Versatile Blogger" award. I believe it's the first I ever got, and certainly the first one for my writing-only blog here.

These are the rules:
- Share 7 completely random pieces of information about myself.
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award and inform them of their nomination by posting a comment on their blogs.

In return you gain the right to "wear" that nice, green badge in your blog, meet old and new friends in their blogs and encourage other bloggers to do the same.

Since this blog is about writing, the 7 random facts about me will mostly be about this obsession.
1. I can't really say why I want to write, but I feel miserable when I don't.
2. I get most of my better ideas while walking to or home from work.
3. As far as I remember, I've never dreamed about any of my stories or characters.
4. I'd love to write a story based on my cats, but I just don't know how.
5. Hardly anybody reads or is interested in what I write, although I'm in dire need of feedback.
6. Although I've started working through 3 writing-courses/books, I still haven't learned how to do it properly.
7. An awful lot of things distract me far too easily from writing. 

And these are the 15 bloggers (in no particular order) who I'd like to reward with this award, because I like what they write or because I think it's about time that they blog again :)
I hope none of them already got it, since I checked each blog before naming them, and that they like this little present. 
4. Rek
5. Misha
12. Jenny
14. Kamen

12 comments:

  1. First, I like your resolution! (:
    Second, It's clear you love to write so keep at it. Have you thought about trying to find a beta reader or critique partner? What about contacting an English writer's group in your area? If you live in a small town like me, that may be difficult. But if you find a writer's group in a larger city, contact them, they may be willing to help out via e-mail. Just a thought. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've heard many times that a critique partner or even a whole group helps a lot. But you have pinned down the problem: I live in a small town where English is a rare hobby. However, I will try to find someone.

      Delete
  2. Hahahahaha but I do blog! ;-P Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Treelight! Congratulations to you too! You did very well finding 15 bloggers to award this to. I will try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it wasn't easy, especially since some of the bloggers I follow already had earned this award. But it was fun to stop by the various blogs again.

      Delete
  4. Hi Treelight!
    THanks for giving me this award and congratulations on receiving it yourself. I've already written the post for this but I'll be publishing it in May after the crazy A-Z Challenge. :)

    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You. I did get it once before but I preserved it with 2 others for a separate post in April when I was supposed to join the A-Z challenge. Start with a bang, A for Awards that sort of thing. But health reasons means April will find me posting 2/3 times a week as usual. I solved the problem with my blogroll feed...so your posts will show up from now on.
    If you don't mind will add your name too to the vote of thanks for the award.
    You write well, don't give up...join some online critique groups I'll pass on the links later, but you have to critique others work twice as much out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah well, then two people thought you should have the award, isn't that great? :)

      I would be very grateful if you could help me find critique partners.

      Delete
  6. Hey Treelight, just dropping by to let you know I have posted my award. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish you good luck and a lot of fun with A to Z.

      Delete